My thesis meeting also clarified the steps we will take in finding a suitable data set for my model since our plans to obtain a particular subset of the data collected from the ABS economic activity survey fell through. Simon has proposed that as a data gathering and skills building exercise, Nik, Gary and myself to construct a data from the publicly available data from the ABS. The data to be collected is from the following catalogs:
- 5204.0 – Australian System of National Accounts
- 5206.0 – Australian National Accounts
- Parham, D., Roberts, P. & Sun, H.,'Information Technology and Australia's Productivity Surge', 2007.
- Industry Value Add (output)
- Cost of Employment
- Industry Machinery
Once we have aggregated and formed our data set we will each use this data set in our respective projects where hopefully we can find interesting results which we can use to assist the other in their project. Our next meeting is to be held Wednesday next week. I am also required to provide another brief presentation as to how I am going to go about measuring and estimating AES for the panel data set.
The meeting deliverables are:
- Construct the ABS data set
- Provide and overview to my fellow peers on how I will go about implementing AES using R and other tools